Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Berries


With all the retarded, few years late craze of the Blackberry in Kuwait, and while thinking of the "habba" factor of our society.. I was wondering, what about Pinkberry? A pretentious yoghurt chain all over L.A.
On a recent trip to the States, I wanted to know what the buzz was all about, so my friends immediately dragged me to the local Pinkberry. Upon our arrival, I notice the long line on the street, with a velvet rope by the door, I squint.. "is that a bouncer??" Yes, my friends.. a bouncer at a yoghurt place! He can only allow a certain number of people inside, even if you're ordering to go. Oh, and no cameras allowed, not inside, not outside. And this isn't your Baskin Robbins 31 flavors, there's only 2 flavors @ Pinkberry: Plain (which is yoghurt.. like real unsweetened yoghurt) and Green Tea. They are however famous for their toppings, which I must admit, was the only thing I ate out of the entire cup! All fresh chopped fruit, cookies, shredded coconut, granola, etc. The presentation is fabulous, and so are the nutrition facts, and the interior design.


After standing in line for about 15 minutes, in awe of what is happening around me.. I was utterly disappointed with the flavor. I didn't understand what everyone in line was talking about, nor did I understand my friends cravings to go treat themselves to what is plain yoghurt dumped in the freezer. I guess even a yoghurt place, like skinny jeans is a trend.




3 Comments:

Blogger Navy Girl said...

Ewww ! was it any good ?? I don’t think so lol :P
And what is it with the camera ?? why isn't allowed ??

8:45 PM  
Blogger Bombay Bombshell said...

It's all my friends in the States can talk about !
When I actually saw the line that was outside the place I decided to dash and go to the grocery store a few shops down and get me some fresh berries and yoghurt :P I have to give it to them, their presentation is real nice,and the I agree their interiors are fab. But when I did research on PinkBerry, i saw that not only does it have almost no calories, but they were sued for calling what they serve as frozen yoghurt, as frozen yoghurt ! Its not really frozen yoghurt, and they even changed the lyrics to their jingle/tune that is used on their site to be "better than ice-cream"

so yeah .
Habbah ;p
I wonder if it'll catch around in Kuwait, I doubt it. Kuwaitis rarely carely about the amount of calories that are served in their foods.. and its a take n go type of thing.. Ya 7ebna lel terezrez

6:55 AM  
Blogger Sh7afana said...

kel hatha 3ashan roub? ;p ana aba6eli chinko esgheer wasameeeh pink berry blue berry ele yaboona dam ena berabe7ni chethe ;p

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home